- Trading journal contains 2 types of documents: Deposit +/- and Trade.
How to open Trading journal?
Main menu buttons:
- Add a new Trade document. Usually these documents are created by default with data import from trading platforms, but you can create them manually as well
- Add a new Deposit +/- document. Usually these documents are created by default with data import from trading platforms, but you can create them manually as well
- Edit the current document
- Delete the current document
- Show\hide grouping panel
- Show filter panel
- Open Column manager panel
- Open Data import panel
Additional menu buttons:
- Open Database list
- Open Account list
- Open Strategy list
- Open Instrument list
- Open Trade Tags list
- Open Prase list
- Open Order templates list
- Open Tag templates list
- Open Comment templates list
- Export data to *.xlsx file
System and customized columns
The columns in the Journal could be of two types: system and customized ones.
Customized columns are Trade Tags which you can create and fill in on your own.
System columns are the columns which are created by default with creating a new database. You can’t delete them. You can hide\show, move or rename them.
Here is some more information about them:
"..." – this column is filled in by default with any document entry.
If the box is checked, the Trade is closed and this will be shown in the reports. The box is checked if the Exit date is filled in.
Profit, % - this column is calculated by default with the entry of any document. Calculation formula is as follows:
Profit in percentage = Net profit \ 100 * Balance on the current account before Trade closure
Why can this value be miscalculated or not calculated at all?
1. No account balance is entered in Deposit +\-
2. Balance is entered, but the entry date for balance is after the date of the current Trade. Check and change the date of Deposit +\- document. Set sorting by Entry date column and make sure that Deposit +\- deposit is at the top of the table.
3. The current document has got no Exit date
Screenshots. This column shows a small picture if Trade document has at least one screenshot. By clicking the picture, you will open the form Screenshot viewer.
Comments. This column shows a small picture if Trade document has some entries in Comments field. By clicking the picture, you will open a small form with the comments for the current document. You can change the form without opening the document.
Different actions in Journal